258th ACS National Meeting , San Diego. Water and Resource Recovery using Polymers
25 August - 29 August
Novel Polymers and Polymer-Based Processes for Energy-Efficient Purification of Water and Resource Recovery Symposium
held during the 258th ACS National Meeting & Exposition in San Diego CA, August 25-29th.
The Polymeric Materials Science and Engineering Division (PMSE) of the American Chemical Society, the Division of Environmental Chemistry of the American Chemical Society (ENVR), and the North American Membrane Society (NAMS) warmly welcome you to attend the 258th ACS National Meeting in San Diego CA, August 25-29th 2019.
Call for Papers: ACS_San_Diego_PMSE_Water-Energy_Symposium
Abstracts are due March 18, 2019
This symposium will highlight recent fundamental advances in polymers and polymer-based processes for energy efficient, sustainable, fit-for-purpose purification of water and resource recovery. The symposium will cover a
broad spectrum of topics, including:
• Novel polymer and polymer-composite based membranes for water purification and resource recovery
• Novel polymer materials to modulate interfacial interactions in water purification systems
• Polymeric materials to aid in solute separation from water
• Polymer-based strategies to decrease fouling in water purification systems
• Mixed Matrix and functionalized polymeric systems for water purification and resource recovery
• Self-assembling polymeric structures for water purification
• Modeling and simulation at all scales, machine learning, and process design strategies to exploit new
materials for water purification
This symposium will consist of oral and poster sessions with invited talks and contributed papers.