From: Koch Membrane Systems, Inc.
Project: Research and Development Chemist
KMS is seeking a Membrane R&D Chemist to be located in Wilmington, Mass. This position will report to KMS’ Membrane R&D Director.
The primary responsibilities of this position will include:
- Improve competitiveness of current products by developing new and improved membrane recipes for Flat Sheet and Hollow Fiber product lines
- Conduct Pilot trials on R&D lines to refine membrane formulations and determine sensitivity of different variables on membrane properties
- Testing and evaluations of different adhesives material and its interaction with membranes for use in various manufacturing application
- Conduct analytical testing using Scanning Electron Microscopes (SEMs), Image Analysis and other instruments to characterize key membrane formulation parameters
- Work closely with product validation and process teams to understand the impact of different membrane formulation parameters on field performance
- Write formal workplans and research reports to document results from different experiments
Basic and Preferred Qualifications
- PhD required in either chemistry or polymer science, with a thesis focused on semi-permeable membrane development.
- Preferably have more than 3 years experience in membrane development.
- A working knowledge of the types of adhesives used in the manufacture of membrane elements and cartridges.
- Capability of working collaboratively with colleagues from other disciplines, such as sales, manufacturing, and business development.
- Ability to write excellent technical reports and to speak effectively at technical meetings.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience and capabilities. Relocation will be available to highly qualified candidates.
We follow OFCCP guidelines for internet applicant acceptance. Therefore, we can only accept resumes via our on-line application. Please follow the application directions and complete our on-line application set forth at www.kochmembrane.com/career.html. You must upload your resume AND complete the application if you want to be considered for this role.
Equal Opportunity Employer – Male/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Pre-employment drug tests are required, unless prohibited by law.
For Further Details contact: Pamela Brown, Global Director of Human Resources, KMS, 850 Main Street, Wilmington, Massachusetts 01887, ph 978-694-7119, cell 617-930-0606, [email protected] , www.kochmembrane.com , www.kochchemtech.com