From: Monash University
Position: Research Fellow (Chemical Engineering)
Monash is seeking to appoint a suitably qualified and enthusiastic Research Fellow in Chemical Engineering to join a highly motivated team at the Clayton campus. You will be involved in continuing to build the department’s reputation for excellence in research and high-quality innovative teaching.
In particular the research project will involve the development of new draw materials, including hydrogels for the forward osmosis technique, such as to be used in wastewater treatment. This project will also involve the design and running of a new forward osmosis process for wastewater treatment in collaboration with our industry partner.
As the Research Fellow you will:
- have a PhD qualification in the fields of materials science, engineering or chemical engineering or science from a recognised university
- have experience in the area of one or preferably more areas of desalination, membrane science and technology, polymer science and engineering, nanomaterials and process design
- conduct outstanding research and produce high-quality research outcomes
- take an active role obtaining funding and maintain research innovation by output through high-quality publications
- contribute to the supervision of honours/postgraduate teaching in relation to research projects.
Your excellent organisational skills, including experience in grant writing, ethics applications, manuscript preparation, along with your ability to make a good impression on key research leaders, will be essential to your success.
Experience in this field is essential, as is a strong publication track record, with potential to apply for national competitive fellowships.
If you believe you fit the requirements for this role, we welcome your application.
This position is expected to be taken up no later than June 2014.
For further information, please see below.