From: Memcor Australia pty ltd
Project: Adhesive/sealant chemistry
In this role, you will direct, develop and manage specific research and technology development projects in water filtration membrane development, specifically focusing on the sealing components of module manufacture. You will also be initiating and maintaining technical relationships with third party researchers and research providers to complement Siemen’s internal research portfolio.
Your key tasks are to manage, plan and provide qualified techniques, know-how and procedures in developing, validating and implementing new urethane potting materials at laboratory scale, in pilot plants and for commercial membrane filtration operations. Determining failure mechanisms and evaluating performance of urethanes in a range of aqueous environments including chemical and physical exposure and using this understanding to develop improved products is critical to this role.
• Implement and oversee an ongoing polyurethane development program
• Manage multiple research projects in the assigned area
• Initiate, maintain and support internal and external research partnerships
• Ensure achievement of project objectives (technical/commercial) within deadlines
• Applies sound and diverse knowledge of scientific principles or practices in a broad array of assignments and related fields
• Performs technical interpretation, organisation/preparation of technical reports and presentation or research results
• Evaluates, selects and applies established scientific procedures and published data for integration and exploitation within Siemen’s membrane research portfolio
• Creates innovative solutions for problems that are complex and ill-defined in nature and prepares patent protection for such approaches
• Determines and manages team resources on assigned projects to meet R&D objectives
• Responsible for maintaining the quality of the research project within the framework of Siemen’s Product Lifecycle Management.
• A Masters Degree/PhD in Polymer Chemistry/Polymer Science or equivalent post-graduate experience in polyurethane, epoxy and/or siloxane chemistry. A sufficient amount of experience in process and applications using polyurethanes is also required
• Strong knowledge in water treatment technologies, membrane technologies and applications
• Knowledge of scientific methodologies, project management and control
• Knowledge in laboratory safety and processes
• Must possess leadership skills and the drive to manage a project team
• Possess initiative, creativity and the ability to analyse complex sets of data
• Able to work in a culturally diverse and multidisciplinary environment
• International travel is required.
Please send your application by 7th February 2011 to Mr Ian Low, Human Resources Manager, Locked Bag 1, Windsor NSW 2756. Alternatively email: [email protected] Fax (02) 4577 0835