The current MSA Board includes 9 Board Members plus the MSA Secretary. Based on the status of current directors below, a total of 4 vacant positions will be advertised, including one last Board Position left vacant in February 2019. The status of the MSA Board is presented below:
Status of MSA Directors
- Hokyong Shon: up for re-election
- Geoffrey Johnston-Hall Elected in 2018
- Ludovic Dumée Elected in 2018
- David Wang: up for re-election
- Xiwang Zhang: Elected in 2018
- Zongli XIe: Elected in 2018
- Leonard Tijing: Elected in 2018
- Stefan Smith: Elected in 2018
- Filicia Wicaksana: up for re-election
- Vacant seat
Dr Filicia Wicaksana was appointed MSA Board Director by the MSA Board at the 2018 MSA AGM held in December 2018. According to the current MSA Constitutions, the tenure of a Board member appointed in this wise shall end at the next calendar AGM. Dr Wicaksana is automatically eligible and can be nominated for the upcoming round of elections.
In reference to the current MSA Board, in accordance with the MSA Constitution, current Directors are automatically nominated for re-election unless written notice is given to the contrary. If a Director does not wish to be automatically nominated for re-election, an official notice of intent to retire shall be returned to the Secretary by the nomination closing date.
The current MSA Secretary, Dr Andrea Merenda, will end is two-year tenure at the MSA AGM held in 2020.
MSA Strategic Meeting 2019
This year, the MSA will hold his Strategic Meeting on Saturday, 26/10/2019 in Melbourne CBD.
All the MSA Candidates emerged from the nomination period will have the opportunity to join remotely the Strategic Meeting. Videoconference dialling instructions, including a VMP, will be provided. The MSA strongly encourages the participation of all the election Candidates to the roundtable discussions. Regardless of the election outcomes, the MSA values and appreciates the feedback and input provided by all the Candidates on the current state and long-term outlook of the Society.
– All MSA Members holding a valid MSA membership expiring not before Monday, October 14 2019 can be indicated and nominated as Candidates.
– Individual, Student and Honorary memberships are automatically granted eligibility rights.
– Eligible Candidates are nominated through a nomination form that shall be signed by two MSA members. The nominations shall be returned to the Secretary to verify the eligibility. The secretary may prompt the Nominees to provide additional information, including a short biography to be added to the official ballot form.
– In the case of MSA Corporate Members, only one Member per Corporate membership can be indicated as Eligible Candidate. The nomination form referring to an MSA Corporate Member shall be signed off by two MSA Members that do not share the same MSA Corporate membership as the Nominee.
MSA Elections timeline
|MSA Call for Elections||Wednesday,04/09/2019|
|Nominations open||Friday, 13/09/2019|
|MSA call for nominations open||Monday, 16/09/2019|
|Call for nominations close||Monday, 14/10/2019 COB|
|Notification of acceptance||Wednesday, 16/10/2019|
|List of Candidates published||Friday, 18/10/2019|
|MSA Strategic Meeting||Saturday, 26/10/2019|
|Elections start||Monday, 4/11/2019|
|Elections close||Monday, 18/11/2019 COB|
|Elections outcomes||Friday, 22/11/2019|
|MSA AGM||Wednesday, 27/11/2019|
If the number of nominations received, including those from Directors for re-election, exceeds the number of vacant positions, elections will be held via an online vote system. If required, details of the voting system will be distributed after nominations close.
If you have any enquiries regarding the MSA elections, including nominations of Members and MSA Strategic Meeting, please do not hesitate to contact me. [email protected]