In order to assist MSA members (students and early career researchers (ECRs)) to attend the 12th Aseanian Membrane Society (AMS12) international conference in Jeju, Korea in July 2019, the MSA will sponsor travel awards to support their conference registration costs (amounting to around A$400 – A$700 each). The MSA executive will directly pay the registration costs of the award recipients to the AMS12 organizing committee. The award winners will be announced to all MSA members.
(ECRs here are defined as those researchers within 5 years post-PhD graduation)
- Must be a current member (HDR student or ECR) of the MSA
- Must have their abstract accepted and be the presenting author of an oral or poster presentation at the conference
- Must not have previously won a travel grant from MSA during the calendar year
Applicants will be selected by a panel of judges according to their track record relative to opportunity, the quality of abstract and significance of research, justification of eligibility and the need for financial assistance.
Travel Funding use – What the MSA grant support program is for?
This travel award is provided specifically for the sponsorship of AMS12 conference registration.
How to apply?
The application form (click here to download) must be submitted via email to the MSA Travel Funding Committee ([email protected]) with the subject line: “AMS12 travel award application” at the announced deadline. The outcome of the application will be announced within 6 weeks after the deadline.
MSA travel award application submission deadline: 18 January 2019
To qualify for this travel funding program, the awardee has to meet the following terms and conditions:
- Reporting – write a short article as a contribution to the MSA Newsletter, highlighting relevant points of interest to MSA members (can be about the conference or other member-related topics);
- Acknowledgment – the MSA (including the logo) must be acknowledged for providing financial support in the presentation materials.
Contact us: If you would like further information on the MSA travel funding program, contact